A special investigation team has been formed to trace 17-year-old Sivasurya of Chokli, who has been missing for 10 days, with a police team reaching Mysuru as part of the search and planning to proceed to Bengaluru.
The investigation is being conducted under the supervision of Thalassery ASP Dr. M. Nandagopan. Chokli SI R. Ragesh is in charge of the probe. The eight-member special team was formed after the initial investigation by Chokli police failed to yield any clues.
The police reached Mysuru based on information shared by Sivasurya’s family that he might have travelled there. The family had earlier told police that the boy, who had left home saying he was going to Kashi, could possibly have gone to Mysuru.
Sivasurya left his home last Saturday, reportedly following an argument over a mobile phone that had been taken away from him. Two people saw him walking towards Poomaram junction after leaving home. He was seen moving quickly after 12.45 pm on August 8, carrying his school bag. Neighbours said nothing appeared unusual at the time. However, none of the CCTV cameras at the junction captured his movements, adding to the difficulty in tracing him.
Before the special team was formed, Chokli police had conducted searches in Ottapalam, Shoranur, and Kozhikode, but failed to find any leads. With the search making little progress, the investigation was handed over to the special team under the Thalassery ASP.
Published – August 17, 2026 04:40 pm IST
