Microsoft showcased Windows 11 at its online event on Thursday. The announcement was made almost six years after the launch of Windows 10, which is the most widely used PC operating system in the world, with more than 1.3 billion devices using it.
Although the company has grown by selling cloud services, Windows accounts for more than 10% of Microsoft’s revenue, but it becomes even more important in the pandemic as people stay at home and spend more time studying, working, and gaming on Windows 10 . Microsoft reported an increase in Windows revenue from consumer PCs, but Apple’s Mac revenue also increased, and Google’s Chrome OS PC shipments soared.
During the event, Microsoft:
1. Announced a free update for Windows 11, which will be released before the holiday.
2. Demonstrated the new Xbox features of Windows 11.
3. They revealed major changes to their Microsoft Teams application on Windows 11.
4. They revealed that support applies to The Android app on the Amazon App Store on Windows 11.
5. Works with Apple and says their new Microsoft Store costs less.