The Maharashtra authority has released an advisory for Ganeshotsav amid Covid-19. It has urged citizens to ‘celebrate simply’ and placed curbs on the height of Ganesh statues.
Protocols for Ganeshotsav:
• Because of the covid-19 pandemic, Ganeshotsav should be praised for his simple behavior.
• Ganeshotsav Mandals will be required to obtain proper approval from the local administration for public Ganeshotsav.
• In light of the Covid-19 outbreak, the height of all Ganesh idols in public festivals across the state will be curbed to four feet, while those in residences will be limited to only two feet this year.
• The arrangers of the public event have been suggested to make every endeavor to enable online Ganesh darshan.
• If at all viable, shadu clay idols should be kept. Immersion should also be performed at home.
• If immersion at home is not feasible, it should be done in a man-made pond.
• Mandals should admit whatever contributions citizens make to them.
• During Aarti, Bhajan, and Kirtan, avert from the crowds.
• Instead of cultural programmes, health-related performances and camps could be used to uplift awareness.
• In Ganpati Mandap, adequate disinfection and thermal screening arrangements should be routined.
• Break the Chain curbs will be enforced.
• All processions, whether for welcoming lord Ganesh or for his immersion ceremony, have already been barred.
• At the immersion location, wait for a minimum amount of time.
• For their own safety, children and the elderly should avert visiting the immersion site.
Read all the Latest Bulletins, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here