At least 20 people on Tuesday fell sick and were rushed to hospital after a gas leakage was detailed from a cylinder in Uttarakhand’s Udham Singh Nagar district. Giving details, police said the gas leakage at the Azad Nagar transit camp in Rudrapur was caused by a torn pipe fixed to the approximately 40-50 litre capacity cylinder.
In the meantime, the State Disaster Response Force personnel immediately shifted the cylinder to a forest area to resist any bigger accident. And those who protested of difficulty in breathing were taken to hospital, police added.
However, the definite gas in the cylinder is not yet known, they said.
Stay tuned with Artifex.News for further updates. Stay Connected, Stay Informed!
Image Credited: Wikimedia Commons