New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) is conducting searches at nine areas in Punjab, one location in Chandigarh and two locations in Delhi in relation with Fazilka drugs smuggling and dummy passport racket cases.
In the Fazilka drugs smuggling case around 1800 gms Heroin, 24 gold biscuits, 2 weapons, 26 live cartridges and two Pakistani SIMs were confiscated from a gang of international drug contrabandistas in 2015. The drugs were dealt through Indo-Pak outskirts and one of the masters of the syndicate is in the UK.
Sukhpal Singh Khaira, Aam Aadmi Party MLA was dynamically aiding and assisting the gang of international contrabandistas and enjoying the proceeds of crime.
Those being hunted include the following:
1. Gurdev Singh r/o Kapurthala, a convict in Fazilka Drugs embezzlement,
2. Manjit Singh r/o Kapurthala, a convict in Fazilka Drugs embezzlement,
3. Harbans Singh r/o Jalalabad, Distt- Fazilka, a convict in Fazilka Drugs embezzlement,
4. Subhash Chander r/o Jalalabad, Distt- Fazilka, a convict in Fazilka Drugs embezzlement,
5. Harminder Kaur r/o Jallandhar, in connection with Fake Passport racket,
6. Rajwinder Kaur r/o Kapurthala, in connection with Fake Passport racket,
7. Bikker Singh r/o Kapurthala, in connection with Fake Passport racket,
8. Sukhpal Singh Khaira, MLA r/o Chandigarh, an associate of above mentioned drug case convicts and dummy passport racketeers
9. Inderveer Singh Johal, r/o New Delhi. ( son-in-law of Shri Sukhpal Singh Khaira), an associate in money laundering.
The searches are sustaining and have exposed incriminating documents and digital devices.