A Philippine military carrier conveying 92 people demolished in the southern Philippines on July 4, 2021. The Defence Minister said that three pilots and five other crew members also envoyaged . The Philippine military chief stated that at least 40 individuals recovered from the aircraft till now.
The Lockheed C-130 aircraft had a blunder on landing after missing a runway. The Philippine Air Force, in a statement, said, “Rescue efforts are going on.”
A Reuters detail cited a local commander saying that over 17 corpses discovered and the casualty toll expected to increase.
Chief of Staff Gen. Cirilito Sobejana stated that those recuperated on Sunday pulled from the wreckage in Sulu province.
Cirilito Sobejana mentioned in a message to Reuters that the carrier had wrecked a few kilometres (miles) from Jolo airport, Philippine at 11:30 a.m. (0330 GMT) and had been conveying troops. “We are currently attending to the survivors who urgently rushed to the 11th Infantry Division station hospital in Bus Bus, Jolo, Sulu,” he said.
The plane wrecked on Sunday was not thought to have been caused by an assault, but the target now was on rescuing survivors and not probing the cause, army spokesman Colonel Edgard Arevalo said.
The plane banged in an area where soldiers have long been fighting Islamist militants. A rescue operation is ongoing to rescue the remaining people on the flight.
Stay tuned with Artifex.News for further updates. Stay Connected, Stay Informed!
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons.