New Delhi: A Philippine military carrier conveying over 92 people demolished in the southern Philippines on Sunday (July 4, 2021), Defence Minister Delfin Lorenzana was quoted as saying by Reuters. The Defence Minister also added that three pilots and five other crew members were also envoyaged . The Philippine military chief stated that at least 40 individuals have been recovered from the aircraft till now.
The Lockheed C-130 aircraft had a blunder on landing after missing a runway. The Philippine Air Force, in a statement, said, “Rescue efforts are going on.”
A Reuters detail cited a local commander as saying that over 17 corpses had been discovered and the casualty toll was expected to increase
Chief of Staff Gen. Cirilito Sobejana stated that those recuperated on Sunday were pulled from the wreckage in Sulu province.
Cirilito Sobejana mentioned in a message to Reuters that the carrier had wrecked a few kilometres (miles) from Jolo airport at 11:30 a.m. (0330 GMT) and had been conveying troops. “We are currently attending to the survivors who were urgently rushed to the 11th Infantry Division station hospital in Bus Bus, Jolo, Sulu,” he said.
The plane wrecked on Sunday was not thought to have been caused by an assault, but the target now was on rescuing survivors and not probing the cause, army spokesman Colonel Edgard Arevalo said.
The plane banged in an area where soldiers have long been fighting Islamist militants. A rescue operation is ongoing to rescue the remaining people on the flight.