India Covid cases records 26,115 on Tuesday (September 21),. Thus reporting a crucial dip in the daily tally of cases. Around 252 mortalities were detailed in the last 24 hours, taking the casualty toll to 445,385. Reported according to data published by the Union ministry of health and family welfare.
These are some of the latest development for COVID as shared by the Ministry of Health:
– 81.85 Cr. Immunization doses have been monitored so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive
– Active India Covid cases account for less than 1% of total cases, now at 0.92%; lowest since March 2020
– India’s Active caseload climbed to 3,09,575; lowest in 184 days
– 26,115 fresh cases in the last 24 hours
– Recuperation Rate currently at 97.75%; Highest since March 2020
34,469 improvements in the last 24 hours increases Total Recoveries to 3,27,49,574
– Weekly Positivity Rate (2.08%) lesser than 3% for last 88 days
– Daily positivity rate (1.85%) lesser than 3% for last 22 days
– 55.50 cr Total Tests tried so far
Dr Gangandeep Kang said local outbreak will be smaller and stretch across the country may establish a third wave. But the scale will not be like earlier. Kang said after the second wave, maybe a quarter of the country’s population will be susceptible to the contamination.
We will achieve the same numbers and same patterns that we witnessed in the second wave. What we will see is a local outbreak that will be smaller and expand widely across the country. Now if that accumulates to form a third wave, that may happen if we have a lot of behaviour change around festivals. The scale is not going to be anything like what we witnessed earlier.
Stay tuned with Artifex.News for further updates. Stay Connected, Stay Informed!
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons