Gandhidham, two maintenance workers deceased in Gandhidham town in Gujrat’s Kutch , on Monday, due to inhaling of toxic gas.
The deads were Guru Prasad, a local of Uttar Pradesh, and Mukesh Chavda, a denizen of Bhimasar village of Gujrat’s Kutch province Gujarat.
They were engaged in cleaning work at the sewage pumping station near a bus station when the incident happened.
The accidental death report listed by the Gandhidham division police (Gujarat’s Kutch) mentioned that both were part of a maintenance team at the sewage pumping station.
They both were working inside the manhole to clear clogging in the sewer line. Accidentally, Prasad fell into the sewer. To rescue him, Chavda, too, entered the manhole. Anyhow, both died on the spot after inhaling toxic gas.
( Images Credits : Wiki )
PIc Credits : Gandhidham Railway station https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhidham#/media/File:Gandhidham_Junction_stationboard.jpg